What to do in Sarasota in the spring?
- Visit botanical gardens: Sarasota is home to several beautiful botanical gardens, such as the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens and Bayfront Park, where you can discover a wide variety of plants and flowers in full bloom during spring.
- Enjoy the beach: Sarasota is famous for its beautiful white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters, and spring is the perfect time to enjoy them before the summer heat arrives. You can surf, kayak, or simply relax on the beach.
- Explore the historic downtown: Downtown Sarasota is full of history and charm, with historic buildings and museums, local shops, art galleries, restaurants, and cafes.
- Attend an outdoor performance: Sarasota is known for its many outdoor music festivals and free concerts in parks and on beaches. Take advantage of the beautiful spring weather to attend an outdoor concert or performance.
- Discover nature reserves and state parks: Sarasota is surrounded by nature reserves and state parks, such as the Myakka River State Park and Oscar Scherer State Park where the Legacy Trail is, where you can hike, bird-watch, and camp.
- Shop at local farmer’s markets: Spring is a great time to enjoy Sarasota’s local farmer’s markets, where you can find a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as handmade crafts and art objects.