As November approaches, Sarasota, Florida, is gearing up for a month filled with exciting events and festivities. From sand sculpting competitions to holiday parades and more, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in the Sunshine State this November.
- Siesta Key Crystal Classic Master Sand Sculpting Competition (November 10 – 13): The month begins with the 14th Annual Siesta Key Crystal Classic, where Master Sand Sculptors from across the U.S. gather to create stunning sand sculptures. This event includes sand sculpting lessons, live bands, and a Vendor Village with various ticket options. Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday and Monday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Santa’s Grand Arrival Parade at UTC (November 11): Sarasota’s holiday season kicks off with Santa’s Grand Arrival parade at University Town Center. The parade features a dazzling light show, fireworks, and live entertainment, making it a highlight of the holiday season. From 6pm to 9pm.
- Benderson Chase (November 18 – 19): Rowing enthusiasts won’t want to miss the largest fall rowing regatta in the state, Benderson Chase. With thrilling races and a Vendor Village filled with food and shopping, it’s a must-attend event.
- Florida Turkey Trot Presented by Publix (November 23): Thanksgiving takes an active turn with the Florida Turkey Trot, bringing together runners, joggers, and walkers. Participants receive medals, race shirts, and can enjoy food and drinks at the post-race party.
- Downtown Sarasota’s Enchanting Christmas Tree Lighting (November 30): November ends on a festive note with the Christmas Tree Lighting in Downtown Sarasota’s Selby Five Points Park. Join the community for a magical evening filled with joy, music, and the majestic Christmas Tree. From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
November in Sarasota promises to be an exciting month, with events for all ages and interests. Whether you’re into sand sculpting, rowing, or simply getting in the holiday spirit, Sarasota has something special in store for you this November. Don’t miss out on the fun and make the most of this vibrant and festive season in the Sunshine State!